Ramadan is a month of self-improvement, spirituality, heightened devotion and worship. Each culture and its festivals holds a unique history, significance, food, and fashion. Such cultural fashion is always reflected in the way of dressing for centuries. So is with the Ramadan and Eid festivity. As Eid al-Fitr is round the corner, which marks the end of one of the most celebrated festivals, Ramadan, it’s time to pull out your best looks to celebrate in style.
As the month of Ramadan is approaching, find the best Eid clothes online at Inddus. For Eid outfit inspiration for this year, we turned to ten of our favourite traditional wears and innovated their styles to glam you up. From designer Shararas to stylish Anarkalis, here’s a list of Eid outfit ideas and a complete guide on how you can dress up to perfection this festive season 2020.
Floor-length Anarkali salwar suits are a must if you are planning for an Eid celebration with family. Embroidery or chikankari pattern is the go-to if you are looking for a bright colour. For suits for pastel shades, beige or off white colour, select your fabric carefully. Art or Banarasi Silk fabric will elevate your style and make you trend on top.
You can also perk up your Anarkali style by adding an embroidered partywear jacket. Jacket style Anarkali suit is perfect for special events. This elegant set comprises of a georgette jacket suit with santoon bottom paired with chiffon dupatta.
Accessories for Anarkali Suit
- Pair your deep neck cut anarkalis with matching necklaces and jhumkas.
- High heels for a perfect flair of the suit.
- Drape your dupatta over your Anarkali in a different or unique style.
2. Gown Anarkali
The set of Long Anarkali gown has three parts – the kurta, salwar, and dupatta. The body fitted kurta till the waistline is adhered with a flared gown style clothing till the bottom. Gown Anarkali with large pleats showcases a perfect flare to twirl. The bold designs and pattern of gown Anarkali set is a perfect Eid clothing choice which will make your look unique. Check out the whole gamut of trendy handpicked styles in fanciful fabrics from Inddus.
Accessories for Gown Anarkali Suit
- For a heavily worked gown anarkali, focus more on your jhumkas. Go for pearls or stone embedded pieces.
- Avoid the necklace as you don’t want to jinx the look by overdoing everything.
- Choose a hairstyle which compliments your look.
3. Palazzo Suits
If you’re going for something unconventional and trendy, pick up some heavily embellished palazzo suits. Depending on your size and body type, flirt around with different styles of kurta in palazzo suits – with slits, A-line, asymmetrical etc. You can also pair up a simple kurta and a palazzo with a heavily embroidered or jacquard dupatta.
If you are looking for Eid dresses online, you will be spoilt for choice at Inddus when it comes to palazzo suits. Regardless of what you choose, your beauty and persona will blossom with our wide variety of colours, prints, designs and fabrics.
Accessories for Palazzo Suits
- For heavy pieces, keep the rest of your look minimal.
- Don’t forget your earrings. Go for a long chandelier or a kundan.
- Choose a single theme and match your accessories with the colour of your palazzo.
4. Sharara Suit
Sharara is the trendiest vogue of this Eid season. This three-piece outfit is the most common ethnic wear of Muslim women all over the world including the US and UK. These gorgeous ghararas are usually worn at ceremonial occasions like weddings or festivals – all the more reason you must pep up your style with one.
The Sharara suit is said to come from the design aesthetics of Mughal royalties. Since the arrival of Mughals, Sharara has been molded according to traditional & regional influences. In India, a sharara suit is worn with a choli whereas a Pakistani Sharara is worn with short Kurtas.
The multi-layered flairs of a sharara, usually around the knees, makes it a different one in style than a gharara. A sharara and a gharara are very close in design. A Ghrarar consists of a kurta, dupatta, and wide-legged flared pants that twirl dramatically from the waist.
Accessories for Gharara Suits
- Low necklines look fantastic with choker necklaces.
- Maang Tikka and Jhumkis are perfect to go with it when you want to avoid wearing a ton of jewellery.
- Gharara outfits look better with heels as they enhance the fall of the skirt!
5. Eid Pakistani Dresses
Pakistani suits have gained a lot of recognition amongst modern muslim women of late. Pakistani Eid outfits are synonymous with fashion and glamour. With Pakistani suits, transform into a style Goddess or a traditional fashionista. Each piece is unique and is customizable according to size and style. You will always stand apart from the crowd with a Pakistani suit.
Types of bottoms for Pakistani Suits
Different types of bottoms can change the look of your Pakistani attire completely. Let’s find out some of the bottom types and their patterns –
- Cigarette pants: Pretty, lustrous and classy; these bottoms are trouble free! Cigarette pants give an exceedingly elegant individuality or sense to the look.
- Petal Pants: The Tulip patterned outline of this pant, makes your look more elegant, pleasurable and chic.
- Palazzo: These don’t even need an explanation. Because every girl owns a piece and matches it with suits and kurtis.
- Straight Salwars: This is a fusion of palazzo and cigarette pants. This is quite narrow near the bottom part.
- Shararas: These pants are extremely flared with lots of frilled layers around the knees.
For Pakistani suits with different bottoms, do your Eid shopping online at Inddus.
No one can escape the sheer magnetism of Sarees. Saree might be an everyday wear in India, but this Eid, if you want to look absolute best then spice up your ensemble with a saree look with tasteful accessories and gorgeous Indian jewellery.
Trendiest hues this season are coral red, turquoise, green, fuchsia, yellow, or lapis lazuli blue. For a celebration like Eid, opt for a mirror work saree with sequined pallu, heavily zari woven saree, or a saree with heavy border. Petite or tall; dusky or fair, Inddus has something for everyone. You can also choose from a wide variety of designer sarees with lace borders, stone works, glitters, patterns. You can also complement it with a Hijab headscarf.
Accessories for Sarees
- Spice your Eid look with a silver and gold waist belt which looks amazing with sarees.
- Saree with intricate work can be vivified with a jacket blouse. A choker adds additional charm to this look.
- Stone studded brooch not only gives an elegant look but also saves you from handling the pleats and pallu.
- Hair accessories with stones or pearls also goes very well with a saree.
A girl’s wardrobe is incomplete without a traditional lehenga. The set comprises of a long, flowy, and voluminous skirt called the lehenga, a fitting blouse called a choli and a dupatta which acts as a sari pallu and covers the mid-riff and head, depending on how one wishes to drape it, depending on the occasion.
The ensemble may seem simple but a lot of work goes into getting the entire attire ready. The intricate stitching takes weeks depending on the embellishments and fabric. Handwoven and hand-stitched lehengas take longer as there is a lot of detailing going into it. If you don’t have time to stitch one now then check out the latest readymade lehengas here. Check out for unstitched fabric, custom measurement, or readymade size lehengas with our exclusive Eid clothes sale.
Accessories for Lehenga
- Accessorise your lehenga’s dori and back of the blouse with matching latkans.
- Drape your dupatta in style as variety will make you stand apart. Wear a single dupatta or pair it with another.
- Match your look with an eye catching kundan passa.
Lehengas need to be dry cleaned as it usually has multiple colours, fabrics and embellishments on them. Store your lehengas in a dry place. The best way is to pack them in a vacuum sealed bag as it wouldn’t allow the stone and metal work to get tarnished.
8. Indo-Western Party Wears
Fusion is super fun and has become essential especially with the prevalence of globalization and the Insta-army. If you are somebody who likes to have fun and combine different dress elements to put out your style statement then Indo Western wear is the go-to this Eid season.
The beauty of fusion and the Indo Western wear is that the combination and possibilities are limitless. Here are few styles you can look out for while buying your Eid dresses online – Ruffled sarees, cowl necks tops with bohemian skirts, trousers suits with cropped trouser suits, lehengas with a crop top, patiala salwars with peasant tops, asymmetrical hemlines with long skirts or ghagra, or capes, jackets and shrugs to pep up any traditional dresses.
Avoid heavy ornaments for a Indo Western look. Pair you style with a classic watch, edgy earrings, and cat eye sunglasses. Do wear your hijab to make this look a style statement on its own.
The Ageless Abaya – The Traditional Islamic Clothing
For most Muslim women, Ramadan’s celebrations require a whole new wardrobe. Ramadan is a month of prayer, fasting, and spiritual growth, and it is recommended that both men and women dress conservatively. A women’s Eid shopping is incomplete without a set of Abaya.
Abaya is the most common attire to Muslim women all over the world. Influenced by fashion trends, Abaya has evolved over the years. During Ramadan month, Abayas are the perfect apparel. Abaya is a loose, cloak typer over garment which covers right from the crown of one’s head to the soles of the feet. This robe like attire isn’t supposed to be transparent as it is apparently meant to keep the frame of the body from being revealed.
Earlier abayas were made of fabrics like georgette, chiffon and crepe, but over the years it evolved into much sophisticated materials like net, satin, lycra, velvet, rayon, and viscose. Not only the fabrics, but also the style and fashion for Abaya changed. Nowadays, you can find a variety of Abayas online in solid prints, embroidery, bead work, crystal lycra work, etc.
Predominantly Abayas were black but with time different colours were incorporated in them. Nonetheless, Abayas only consists of two colours at the most. You can find so many variations of Abayas nowadays. Abayas are easy and comfortable to wear and perfect to experiment with different trends and combinations that are absolutely stunning. They are often accompanied by scarves or shawls, also called hijabs. The simplicity of this clothing signifies the gracefulness and nobility of Muslim women.
Jazz Up Your Eid Outfit with Eye-Catching Accessories
Wondering how to accessorize your Eid outfit? Fret not, here are few stylish ideas on how you can enliven your Eid with these accessories. Before choosing your accessories, keep a few things in mind:
- Take the outfit’s design into consideration.
- Know your face cut.
- Never overdo your jewellery.
- Always contrast and balance your heavy outfit with simple make-up and ornaments.
- If your blouse has a heavily embellished neckline, do not wear a necklace. Wear a heavy earring instead.
- For night parties, wear bold jewellery.
- Don’t wear too many rings.
Diamonds or pearl-studded necklaces look very attractive with net lehengas. For a square face, try wearing necklaces with curves for a soft jaws look. People with a round face can easily carry dangles, drops, and narrow chandeliers.
With a flattering front neck blouse, make your long neck appear beautiful with a choker. Plain blouse with a heavily embellished skirt or ghagra requires a great piece in the neck to draw attention to your bodice.
For a day party, wear studs as it doesn’t appear to be too loud. Pair up your suit look with loop earrings and chandeliers for sharara or lehenga. Loop hanging jhumkas are also great for palazzo suits. If you don’t mind experimenting a bit, then wear bold ear-cuffs with a high neck plain blouse with your skirt.
Maang Tika / Passa
For a bold & majestic look, sometimes you can skip necklaces, bangles etc. and wear a heavy maang tika and a jhumka.
Originated in the Mughal era, the passa, also known as a jhumar or a side tikka, gives an elegant and royal get up.
Embellished Khussay (Shoes)
You took a whole lot of care while choosing your traditional outfit and jewellery but how can you ignore your khussay! For a complete top to bottom traditional look, consider festive khussay.
A Floral Clutch
Clutches give an add on look for an overall outfit, just like the way jewellery does, especially the stone and gems studded ones.
Makeup Tips for Eid
In India, the season during Ramadan and Eid is summer, which is an important factor to keep in mind while discussing make up for Eid 2020. You don’t want to deal with sticky lipstick, smeared eyeliner, melting makeup and you don’t have to. Here are a few makeup tips to brighten up your Eid.
- Exfoliate Your Skin: Before applying anything on your face, exfoliate your skin properly with a scrub or an exfoliating paste.
- Moisturize: Apply a light moisturizer on a clean face. It prevents the foundation from being dry and keeps the skin healthy underneath makeup.
- Primer: Apply a coat of primer. Keep things light with your makeup. For everything, the foundation base, blush, eye shadows – remember the mantra, “Less is more.”
- Shimmer: Avoid shimmer as it is not suitable in summer.
- Use waterproof makeup.
- Lipstick: Go bold and use heavy matte lipsticks. Do not use lip gloss. We will not guide you on colour. It’s your celebration and you choose your own colour according to your outfit.
Bonus: Something for the better half? Top Men’s Eid Outfit for 2020
Men have fewer choices when it comes to ethnic wear, but here are few options which will let you shine your style this Eid.
Originated from Afghanistan, pathani suit has a sophisticated appeal which makes it a perfect choice for festive and casual occasions.
Pathani Style Sherwani
Pathani style sherwani is as popular as kurta pyjama in India. It is a much preferred choice when it comes to a traditional yet trendy look. It is usually a long kurta with a salwar. The salwar worn in this kind of sherwani is a little baggy with a stiff ban.
Young men prefer kurta as it gives a bold and cool look. This Eid you can style up with kurta and a churidar or jeans. The latest trends in kurta are asymmetrical, side slit, mandarin, embroidered neck, brocade kurta, or a raw silk party wear style kurta, side-open, cowl draped kurta. Pick any to uplift your style.
Care and Maintenance Tips for your Ethnic Wear
Indians have ethnic wears for every occasion. Often the ones we buy for special festivities or weddings are finely fabricated, heavily embellished, embroidered, and ornate. Sarees, salwar kameez, lehenga cholis are always a great buy as you can wear them for years, at any age and have fun with a variety of styles by simply changing the blouse, dupatta or draping techniques.
But the most troubling part is their care and maintenance. You wear it occasionally and keeping them as new for the next occasion is quite difficult. To help you keep your ethnic wear in a top shape, we recommend you to follow these tips –
- Do not iron your expensive clothes. You can always steam iron with low heat if needed.
- Never use strong perfumes, sprays, deodorants, naphthalene or mothballs on your pure zari blouse or saree, kundan work, gota patti, metallic finishes, zardozi etc.
- While wearing or storing these, make sure to guard these against hair sprays, make-up, facial mists etc.
- Do not wash them after every wear. When you want to wash it, always go for dry cleaning rather than a hand wash.
- Do your make-up & hairstyles before donning them.
- Wrap your Sarees – especially Silk, and heavy wear like Kanjeevaram – in a muslin cloth and store them in a dry, dark and cool corner of your cupboard.
- Silk loses its sheen if washed regularly. After wearing, hang them to dry well, steam iron at the lowest possible heat, dry again and store.
- Chiffon and Georgette sarees get torn easily so while wearing them do not wrap them too tight or pin them with too many safety pins.
- In case you sweat a lot, do wear disposable underarm shields or sweat absorbent under your kameez, cholis or blouses. Sweat tends to leave stains on your outfits.
- Delicate clothes can be washed at home. Use reetha (soap nut) or gentle detergents meant for delicate silk or rayon clothes. Never use hot water or dyes, bleach and harsh stain removers for washing.
Inddus has a wide range of all the top fashionable Eid clothes latest collections for 2020. Click here to check out the ethnic dresses. With our ongoing Eid clothes sale offers, grab the best deals. You save a lot of time and energy when you do your Eid shopping online with us, as you don’t need to hop from shop to shop for your preferred styles. Choosing your style and completing a purchasing order is just a few clicks away. We will make sure you receive your Eid dresses at your doorstep way before your festival.